November 7th 2014
Christmas is a really important time of year… Invites to festive drinks begin to appear in your inbox and you are presented with a number of opportunities to network face-to-face and generate valuable long-term business.
Do you feel confident that you’ll get the most out of these networking opportunities? We’d like to help you plan and prepare.
DSC Chartered Accountants in Harrogate have teamed up with Colin Tweedie of CJT Consulting* to help you become a great networker in just one hour. This highly practical and humorous session will benefit professionals, consultants, business owners and executives - indeed, anyone who attends face-to-face networking events or conducts one-to-one conversations with clients, targets, suppliers or potential referrers.
Our free seminars will take place on Friday 21stand Friday 28th November 2014, at the Cairn Hotel, Harrogate. A buffet breakfast will be available from 7.45am and we will start promptly at 8am (there’s a lot to get through!). We always finish by 10am so you can still do a full day in the office.
Each seminar will cover:
The importance of effective networking as a proven means of generating valuable long-term business and all the main elements, advantages, problems and fears of networking in just one hour in particular:
- How do you approach and prepare for your networking?
- How do you gain confidence and lose trepidation?
- Who should you speak to?
- What do you say?
- Why do all effective networkers act counterintuitively?
- How do you escape from a fruitless conversation?
- Importantly, how do you follow up?
Each participant will take away a one-page mind map to act as a blueprint for all future networking events.
This talk has gained plaudits throughout Yorkshire and beyond. To book your free place, please email your preferred date, full names of attendees and their position in the business to email@example.com or call Ellie on 01423 560547.
* Colin Tweedie spent 30 years as a successful lawyer and business generator with four of the largest law firms in the country. He now runs CJT Consulting advising professional services firms and other businesses on how to become much more successful through effective business development and marketing. He developed this talk because he believes that everyone can become a great networker - just by adopting and practising some proven tips and techniques that are common sense but, sadly, not common practice.
Please see our recent news articles below.